Stonewood Builders Ltd are award-winning builder of high quality building projects, offering exceptional service and a commitment to excellence for over 47 years.
We have a strong reputation for valuing and investing in our staff. With a team of over 150 people and a 97% staff retention, over the last two years, we believe we live up to this reputation.
We are always keen to meet with new tradespersons and professionals and have a policy of offering training and progression to all our staff. If you feel you have something to offer to our company, please contact us.
Any general enquiries on employment with Stonewood Builders should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Communications – Stonewood Group
The Stonewood Group are a collection of construction companies operating throughout the Cotswolds and south west England raising the bar in design, delivery, and customer experience. We are a multi-award-winning partner, driven to ensure projects exceed expectation.
With a well-established, yet young, ambitious, and motivated team, we work collaboratively to forge strong long-term relationships based on our honest, straight forward approach and, most importantly, on results delivered.
Our activities include specialist, high end contracting, new homes development, bespoke homes development, architectural services, and ground works. We currently operate from five offices, strategically placed to cover our geographical target area, with Group Services based in our central office in Castle Combe.
To assist this, we are looking to develop a communication strategy and we are seeking a Head of Communications who, working with the wider staff team, can help drive this forward.
You will play an essential role in our plans to grow the company by being responsible for:
- Increasing the reach and quality of our communications
- Developing our group and companies’ brand strategy and managing the consistent application of it
- Ensuring we communicate our core Group values, whilst simultaneously representing each company’s individual identity
- Commission and manage external agencies and consultants to deliver elements of our communications strategy
- Manage our Public Relations activities – to raise our profile with our key target audiences
- You will directly report to the Group COO and will work closely with the individual Boards, Senior Management Teams (SMT), and operational staff
- Develop and manage the delivery of a group communications strategy, including brand proposition and internal communications
- Commission and client external consultants (PR/Brand/Design) to deliver elements of our communications strategy and ensure they perform effectively and offer value for money
- Ensure digital and non-digital marketing materials are consistent with our brand values
- Work with our HR department and management team to ensure that our staff are effective brand ambassadors
- Manage the Communications budget
- Be the internal expert and go-to person for advice and support on all communications activities
- Oversee our media profile. This will involve directly liaising with journalists, responding to press enquiries as well as proactively generating coverage to promote our work and impact
- Increase our profile at relevant public events. You will become an ambassador for the company and identify new opportunities that will increase our reach, and importantly support the wider staff team to improve their presentation and public speaking skills
- Organise events that promote our work
- To Keep track of emerging themes and trends within housing, construction and architecture to ensure we are seen as a key commentator on relevant subjects
- Lead on the drafting and delivery of key publications including our Annual Report, Investor and Partners
- Produce internal and external newsletters
- Provide style guides to improve consistency of style and voice across the company
- Identify ways to improve the way we share information to the wider organisations, our customers, investors, and partners
- Ensure the digital media platforms across the company are up to date and have relevant content – including our websites and social media platforms
- The successful candidate will demonstrate that they have the following:
- Proven experience of successfully raising an organisation’s public profile
- Experience of developing, implementing, and delivering communication strategies
- Experience of advising a senior management team and/or board of directors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience of copywriting and delivering presentations
- Experience of organising corporate events
- Good IT skills with experience of using a range of social media platforms
- Experience of building and maintaining strong links with the media
- Ability to develop relationships with a wider range of stakeholders including high net worth individuals
- Strong leadership skills with ability to act as a brand ambassador
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously
- Experience of managing employees
- Experience of managing budgets
Working hours: Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with some evenings and weekend work
Closing date: 21st October 2020
Interviews: Week commencing 2nd November October 2020, to be held at Stonewood Office, Castle Combe, Chippenham, Wiltshire. SN14 7EY
Start date: January 2021
Please submit your CV to email@example.com
Date Posted : 4.10.20
Site Based Employees
As an award-winning construction company, Stonewood Builders Ltd have experienced considerable growth over the past 12 months and are looking to recruit exceptional craftspeople to help deliver a wide range of high end projects throughout the Cotswolds, Central, South and the South West of England.
We pride ourselves on the exceptional quality of our projects and so we are looking to recruit qualified craftspeople who share in our ethos of delivering exceptional service and a commitment to excellence on projects ranging from £250,000 to in excess of £20 million. We are looking for hard working individuals who are excellent team players and who want to play a key part in our continued growth.
In particular, we are looking to recruit:
If you are looking to work for a company that has a strong commitment to training and development and a company that recognises that its success is only as good as its people then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for.